A quick overview on what is required to pass an interview should consist of a few basic guidelines to how you should prepare for the interview. Success is an attitude and if you have the attitude it will show in the way you talk look and act.
1. Regardless the position you applied to you should dress accordingly. This means that you should be clean and groomed and most of all professional. Don’t overdo it as to dress as a construction worker when you apply for a position on a construction site or as to dress as a clown when looking to go into the entertainment business. Try and find clothes which you feel comfortable in and that make you look your best. The way you dress is the way you feel and for this respect you should add a little personality to your dress code.
2. Take the time to do a little research on the company and on the job you are applying to as to be able to specify why you are the best person for the job and how your specific qualifications and abilities perfectly match the job in question.
3. Before the interview take some time off to clear your head, to relax and properly rest as to look and feel fresh for the interview. A relaxed and confident person will out rank a better qualified grumpy stressed person.
4. Arrive to the interview on time and don’t make the interviewer wait for you. That is the reason for setting a time for the interview. If you are not able to manage your own time as to get to the interview the employer will doubt your abilities to manage the company’s time as for the most cost-efficient fulfillment of your duties.
5. If needed have a session of brainwashing before attending the interview. An interview is the opportunity to sell, yourself. What sells nowadays is self-confidence. The line that i used in each and every interview that i went to (and i passed them all) is: “They haven’t yet invented something I cannot do.” This states that even though you may not have the knowledge or qualifications for a certain job you trust yourself as capable to learn something new and to get the job done regardless how difficult it may be. A confident and sincere person will always look into its interlocutors eyes.
6. Employers don’t just look for machines to complete a job or a task but for people that they can talk and reason with. Positivism and sociability are key traits which will draw the attention towards you at any interview.
7. The only one thought that should be in your mind when you go to an interview is “I got the job!” Don’t ask how it works but it does.